Our Services Include:
- Nationwide Phone Consultations
* Are you from another area? Too distant to have us come to you directly? That's okay! Julie has done THOUSANDS of Phone Consultations and we set these up for success by having you fill out an extensive questionnaire and send any video clips you can to help us assess prior to your Consultation Call. Then, we spend time discussing the gameplan and homework recommendations and have options, like: written e-mail follow ups and Virtual self-paced courses to help with foundation behaviors as well! Use our Contact Page to get more information about scheduling.
We start off with a brief call going over a few things to ensure this option may benefit you and your pet without need for a more local veterinary behaviorist lesson or class, and then we will setup a Phone Consultation next. From there, we do follow-up calls, video chats, or even Skype lessons.
Typically this program consists of:
* Initial Call - 10-15min to go over program details and get basic information from you. This call is free, but no advice can really be given in such a short time.
* We will then e-mail you a questionnaire and a list of things to do prior to your Phone Consult, like which types of videos and scenarios to take video of based on your needs. Most phones have decent camera recording functions, but i-pads and laptops can work well also. We will likely ask for 3-5 specific types of 2-4minute in length videos, but may request more or varying depending on your goals and concerns.
* We will e-mail you a PayPal or Square invoice for the time option you elect. Most Initial Phone Consultations take a minimum of 60-90min. Rates are $60/hour, $100 for 2hrs or $160 for 4hrs. Time needed for basic obedience question/concerns are shorter in length; Aggression or Anxiety programs will likely take longer to discuss all of the details and setup the initial homework exercises. Any time leftover from each call can be used for future sessions. We will review your completed questionnaire and videos once your invoice is paid and we set up your date/time for the Phone Consult then as well. We will send an e-mail with all recommendations for videos to send us, information to have handy, as well as how to setup your phone call for the most successful use of the time.
* Initial Phone Consultation - usually 60-90minutes to discuss your questionnaire concerns, setup program, go over foundations and starter homework exercises. We then follow up with an e-mail with all recommendations, any homework exercises to work on, handouts regarding your program recommendations, and your next list of things to do.
* Follow-up Phone Calls usually occur between 2-4 weeks (like a typical in-person program). These are all based on time. Same rates as listed above. Same rollover if time is not used.
* Skype or Video Chats can occur next if you'd like, or we continue phone consultations until goals can be met. These fees vary between $75-90, depending on media and day/time needed.
* Homework is provided, usually via follow-up e-mail and is included. We also provide links, handouts, and any supplement recommendations as well.
Please keep in mind that you will likely need access to a camera device for recording a few things (even if just a capable phone or computer webcam).
This program does NOT replace the benefit of in-person sessions, however, can be effective for many students. If we feel your case needs more than what we can help you with, we WILL refer you to other sources and options.
Most of our students who elect this option do so because they have some difficulty scheduling in-person sessions right away. Sometimes, this option is best for people with PTSD and/or anxiety disorders as well because it removes the "in person" fears and can give the information needed to succeed in the goals. With the recommendations we follow up with, many have had great successes moving forward in their programs right away instead of waiting.
This can be an ideal option for many issues, but some aggression and anxiety cases may warrant in-person sessions.
*** NEW Dog Training Hotline on Tuesdays, starting in January, 2021! More information HERE! ***
- Private Training Lessons & Behavioral Modification Programs
* Hire us to come out (local) or even travel to live near you to work with you for a weekend, several days, or even month-long! We love to travel...and enjoy making new friends and helping them on their behavioral journeys! Use our Contact Page to get more information and set this up!
** Initial Consultations: $150 for within a 15mile radius.
** Follow-ups $90: within a 15mile radius.
* 4-pack Follow-ups: $300
** New Student Manners Package: Initial Consultation, One 45min Follow Up, and One 45min Field Trip Session: $295
** Behavioral Modification Package (Aggression and Anxiety): Initial Consultation, Two 60min Follow Ups, and One Hour of Phone Consult Time: $395
** 3year Training Package: Initial Consultation, Temperament Test and Behavioral Assessment, 7days of Lodge N Learn, Lessons every 6 weeks for 34 months (average of 8 lessons per year) and 6hrs of Phone Consultation time. Normally, all of this would cost: $3,200+. The Package price is: $2400, a savings of $800.
We offer lessons (and sometimes classes) in:
* Barkers Anonymous
(How to help modify incessant barkers)
* Reactive Rover and Lunging Lassie
(How to help modify leash aggressions)
* Harmony At Home
(Helping all family members, human and otherwise, how to co-exist peacefully)
* Wily Waits and Dynamic Downs
(Especially for those Doorway Escapees and Excited Jumpers)
* Loose Leash Legends
(Learn proper Leash Handling Skills and how to confidently walk your dog on a loose leash)
* Crate Training Creativity Games
(Ideas for the crate-sensitive or downright anxious dogs)
* Sensational Sits
(Not just your average butt on ground behavior, but teaching CLEAR understanding of it)
* Rock Solid Stays
(For those fidgety canines needing a little more calmness in their life or those wanting to compete)
* ...and every other behavior you would want to work on!
- Self-Paced Online Virtual Programs
- Want to learn online, from the comfort of your own home? Join one of our unique Virtual Learning Programs (click here!) and start TODAY!
- Workshops on various Topics, held at your local veterinary office, community center, kennel club, or other pet-friendly business location!
* Really Reliable Recalls
* Building and Proofing Rock Solid Stays
* Loose Leash Skills
* Pet Anxiety Relief
* Reactivity Unleashed: Modifying K9 Aggression
* Dog Parks & Daycares: What to look for and what to Ask
* Rescue Me! Successfully Fostering and Adopting the Rescue Dog
* Indoor Training Games: How to Make Rainy or Winter Days FUN!
* Making Veterinary Visits Fun...or at least Tolerable
* Teaching Useful Tricks
* Dog Training on Tap Events - Behavioral Q&A Events at local Bars and Eateries
* Give us your local Community Center/location info and we will see if we can setup an event for you! Use our Contact Page to get more information and set this up!
* Upcoming Events listed here...
- Veterinary Support Staff Events Bring us in for a Lunch N Learn Event for your staff to ask questions and learn Fear Free techniques!
* We have done several Veterinary Hospital Workshops for staff. These are great to learn how to setup a more Fear Free Practice (Julie is a Certified Level 2 Fear Free Professional and Fear Free Elite member), help staff learn and implement Fear Free techniques, and even just ask questions about various hard-to-handle cases or their own pets.
* Use our Contact Page to get more information and set this up!
- Fear Free Program Outreach - Schedule me to come out for a 2 to 4 week program and help teach you (and everyone you'd like to join) my methods so you can carry on after I leave. This program is an in-depth look into Fear Free methodology, a jump-start or helpful continuation to skills that will help lifelong learning occur in dogs, cats, and even a few other species! We provide intensive day-to-day hands on skills assessments and training to help our mission grow into even more communities.
* Upcoming Events listed here...
- Field Trip Lessons (Stores, Parks, Veterinary Offices, and more!)
* When we arrive at your location, we will check out all of the local pet-friendly venues and start to setup a Field Trip Plan! Veterinary offices and Pet Stores are common, but there are MANY to other pet-friendly locations we can discuss to help you achieve the Real-World Skills you are looking for! Use our Contact Page to get more information and set this up!
- Arfs and Crafts: Dog Training Q&A and Snuffle Mat Make N Take Events
* Quite the POPULAR event when we have done it! We set these up (if you help us do this, there are also discounted training sessions included for you!) at local businesses, conference rooms, community centers, etc, and sow everyone how to make these amazing enrichment mats...all the while answering questions on behavior or other animal care related concerns! Use our Contact Page to get more information and set this up!
* Just want to BUY a Snuffle Mat? Shop at our Store HERE!
* Upcoming Fundraising Events listed here as well.
- Reiki Energy Work Sessions and Aromatherapy Guidance - We have Level 1 Certification in Reiki and can help with some basic energy work and aromatherapy guidance for you and your pet. Especially good for senior or pets with medical needs, these supplemental modalities have no intention of and do NOT replace conventional veterinary medicine. Contact us for more details about how to best help your pet.
- Holter Monitoring/Rental - Rent our Holter Monitor for 24hrs!
* We have a Holter Monitor for Rent for those heart cases or for OFA Certifications. Happy to help fit and attach the monitor and you can bring it back in 24hrs for the data to be sent in and your equipment deposit returned. (Rental fee is separate from equipment deposit.)
* Use our Contact Page to get more information and rental agreement.
- Have any questions or need something more specific - JUST ASK!
Or, support us and get more materials by becoming a Member on our Patreon:
Changing the World...One Pet At A Time.
As Always, Happy Training!